Lion’s Roar is recruiting a Sales and Business Development Associate
Lion’s Roar is seeking a full time Sales and Business Development Associate.
At Lion’s Roar, we are mission driven. We impart Buddhist wisdom and practices to improve people’s lives and our society, and we are passionate about this work. We are looking for an experienced, business-minded individual to expand our reach by discovering and exploring new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. The ideal candidate will be ready to take the plunge, take responsibility and leadership, take initiative, and help build the largest English-speaking pipeline of Buddhist wisdom in North America. Comfortable with sales and business operations, our new associate will join and support a team of career experts to achieve goals The roar of the lion vision.
What you will do:
- Manage existing business contacts and communications.
- Implement a proposal and agreement management process, to give us greater clarity on the evolution of our requirements, rights and responsibilities with our business partners.
- Generate new advertising leads, identify and establish initial contact with decision-makers.
- Identify additional affiliate opportunities.
- Track and manage affiliate relationships and keep team members up to date with important developments.
- Oversee, promote and continually improve the online and print Buddhist repertoire.
- Help Lion’s Roar identify new opportunities.
What you will bring to the role:
- Interest and curiosity informed by market trends, customer needs and feedback.
- An interest in contributing to the continuous improvement of the materials that support our work: proposals, presentations and vehicles.
- Strategic thinking with attention to detail and an aptitude for information and records management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or management or B2B sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with sales techniques
- Proven ability to plan and manage time and resources
- Strong general sense of ease with software tools (we use a lot of them, and your comfort and ease in learning new tools will be an asset.)
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot) an asset
This is a full time position. It can be done in person, on site or remotely. We’re in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia, and with a 35-hour week, you’ll have time to explore your surroundings. Salary range: $ 40,000 to $ 43,000. To apply, please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected]; include “Sales and Business Development Associate” in the subject line.
Submission deadline: October 29, 2021.